So since my foot is sprained and I’m afraid to get up to find a snack or read a book (and definitely cannot work out) I figured I’d poke the angry bear of my life with a stick and make a confession. I’m not going to buy the Twilight DVD. I’m not even sure I want to watch it again. Sure the baseball scene was amazing. Yes I love Twilight. But let’s all be honest here for a minute – the movie wasn’t very good. Do I plan to see New Moon? Hell yes – especially since they have a new director AND Dakota Fanning will be in the movie! And honestly, any Twilight fix is better than no twilight fix. But if I really do get all Twilight-cravy, I have Netlfix and can rent it. I’m not spending my (teeny tiny amount of) money to buy it.
While I’m being all sacrilegious I’ll continue…
- I do not love Edward.
- I do not wish my husband was more like Edward.
- To be honest, I’d never ever want to date Edward. He’d annoy me. He’s perfect for Bella. But (although we’re similar) I’m not her.
- I will probably never reread the books. Don’t get me wrong – I loooooooved every single one of them – but I don’t reread books. So it probably won’t happen.
- I think Robert Pattinson is uggggly and looks nothing like Edward in My Mind. Also he annoys me. A lot. I really think he thinks this whole thing is just a joke. He takes this movie about as seriously as if he were acting in Superbad. He probably wishes he were.
- Kristen Stewart isn’t much better. Both of them need to clean up their acts because they’ve been found guilty of sucking. These books are incredible and I really think they are making a mockery of them. I hope New Moon proves me wrong and is awesome and they are awesome because I miss squeeing.
- I think my real favorite scene in the movie was when “Edward” makes that nasty disgusted face because he smells Bella for the first time and she smells her BO. That was pretty great. But so not worthy of being a favorite scene. Thank god for vampire baseball.
Some positive notes:
- Ashely Greene (Alice) and Taylor Lautner (Jacob) were fantastic. They are my favorite characters in the movie (and sometimes the books, although for me the books are all about Bella – hence my angst with Kristen Stewart).
- Did I mention I am a fan? I swear I do love the books. In fact, if I didn’t love them, the disappointment of the movie wouldn’t bother me at all, would it?
- You should take pity on me at least a little bit because I’m a pregnant woman with a sprained foot and I really want a snack. Send cookies.