I think it’s time for a good meme, don’t you? Snagged this one at Jen’s blog. It’s a good thing I can always count on my fellow Jens for blog fodder – not that this is all I have up my sleeve. I might be back later with pictures taken from OUTSIDE my apartment, commentary on the latest MOMversation and if you are really lucky a Friday Fave Five. That all depends on how long MM will be distracted by tv or napping. Lord knows there’s a good chance he’ll come over soon and tell me to “peasah get off the puter?” or as he has lately taken to telling me, “STOP WORKING!” Much more to the point, no? Yikes, I’d better stop babbling and start memeing before he decides my time is up…
Here is what you are supposed to do, and try not to be lame and spoil the fun. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Have fun and be truthful! I want to see your answers!
- What is your occupation right now? Is there a really fancy way to say, “Watch kids and blog” that isn’t stay at home mom or homemaker? I’m looking for a new business title – leave a comment with your best suggestions.
- What color are your socks right now? the invisible kind. i.e. I’m barefoot for the summer. I don’t know about you but once sandals weather kicks in I avoid socks at all cost. Unless we’re going for a walk long enough to justify my old lady walking sneakers, I leave the socks in the sock drawer where they belong.
- What are you listening to right now? Martha Speaks on PBS and traffic outside the balcony door. My neighborhood can’t seem to decide if it’s rural or urban. We’re rurban.
- What was the last thing that you ate? peanut butter and jelly on a FlatOut flatbread wrap (see my thoughts on FlatOut and lunch here), string cheese and strawberry milk. Only a slightly classier version than what MM had for lunch except I didn’t drop my string cheese on the floor so I got to eat mine. Someday I’ll start eating “grown up” food again but for the past week this is the only thing I’ve wanted.
- Can you drive a stick shift? No, I attempted to learn briefly in my drivers ed. days but after a lot of stalling out, crying and whimpering in the corner, the executive decision was made to go the automatic route. I’ve never looked back.
- Last person you spoke to on the phone? the husband last night, announcing that he was finally coming home (hurray!) – that will likely be the next phone call I receive, too unless any family members decide to call today. It could happen.
- Do you like the person who sent this to you? Well nobody sent it to me, but I do like the person whose blog I stole it from. Not in a romantic like way, though, I am both married and more into Johns than Jens – sorry Jen.
- How old are you today? Twenty Six going on Eighty or so. At least it feels that way most of the time especially where all things pregnancy are concerned, except I guess if I were eighty the odds of me getting pregnant would be pretty slim…
- What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? reality television? Like America’s Next Top Model – extreme fashion and cat fighting; or American Idol – crazy races and vocal showdowns… or the cooking show variety – Iron Chef America aka Speed Cooking or The Next Food Network Star – embarrass yourself with food racing. That’s my kind of athletic event.
- What is your favorite drink? totally depends – DrPepper is probably my old standby for indulgences, but I also love a good mug of root beer. Milk and I don’t like to go a day without each other. If I’m not pregnant or nursing I might be tempted to answer White Russians…
- Have you ever dyed your hair? More times than I could even attempt to count.
- Favorite food? Hmm something of the pasta, cheese or my husband’s homemade pizza variety… unless dessert is an option – then I’ll say dessert. All of it.
- What is the last movie you watched? I think it was Confessions of a Shopaholic – sooooo good as I say in my review here. Other than that we’ve been doing a lot of tv shows on DVD – Raising The Bar, True Blood and Robin Hood (the BBC one I think?) being our top three right now.
- Favorite day of the year? At the moment I’m going with July 21 – the day I won’t be pregnant anymore and I get a cute little baby. But to be fair to her big brother, April 7 is pretty rocking, too.
- How do you vent anger? Usually here in the old blog – otherwise a good cleaning spree or maybe angry cooking. Or let’s face it – I probably vent to my poor husband more than anywhere else.
- What was your favorite toy as a child? books? I was a terribly boring child – the library was my toy store.
- What is your favorite season? I’m not sure anymore. Used to be summer but as I got older that became less true. Maybe the fall?
- Cherries or blueberries? cherries for sure
- Living arrangements? Shacked up with one husband and one and a half children in a third floor apartment in Wisconsin.
- When was the last time you cried? What night did I attempt two Rachel Ray dishes in one meal? 30 minute meals, my ass. I sobbed like a baby. RR and I are not speaking right now btw.
- What is on the floor of your closet? pretty much everything we own – clothes that don’t fit yet but I’m hoping someday will, baby stuff, storage totes, wrapping paper, books, other stuff I’m forgetting…
- What did you do last night? grocery shopping and watched True Blood (season one on DVD) while eating butterscotch pudding – the latest indulgence.
- What are you most afraid of? something awful happening to my husband or children – namely of the death variety…
- Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? cheese, BBQ sauce, sweet pickle relish and maybe some tomatoes – please and thank you.
- What is your favorite kind of dog? apparently it’s rescue dogs from Puerto Rico. I’ve liked every single one I’ve ever met.
- Favorite day of the week? toss up between Saturday and Sunday, depends on the weekend I suppose
- How many states have you lived in? four – I’ve now lived on the west coast, east coast, down south (ish) and the Midwest.
- Diamonds or pearls? Pearls – they are so classy and sophisticated – love them. Although I am rather partial to the diamonds on my wedding ring.
- What is your favorite flower? right now I’m a big fan of my Dark Red Americana geraniums but in general I love lilies and Gerbera daisies
- What is your favorite song? anything by John Mayer – really anything, although the stuff on Where The Light Is is probably the best.
- What is your pet peeve? bad customer service – I get really riled up about that after having spent about 9 years in the industry.
4 responses to “What time is it?”
[…] – it’s a new recipe I found on My Wooden Spoon and it sounds delicious, but after the Rachel Ray fiasco (see: last time I cried) of last week I’m a bit apprehensive about new dishes right […]
My feelers are not hurt, don’t worry. 🙂
So glad you played along! Loved the Rachael Ray thing.
@ workingmomma247 : He makes his own crust – I’d share the recipe but he literally changes it every time he makes it. I know that he makes the dough, then lets it rise, then punches it down, then lets it rise again and then rolls it out and adds toppings.
Lately my two favorites for toppings are:
Alfredo sauce, chopped fresh spinach, tomatoes, black olives & lots of shredded cheese
or a calzone with shredded cheese, cut up grilled or pan fried chicken and pepperoni (I dip the calzone in BBQ sauce, ranch dressing or marinara sauce
I’ve been waiting for a good meme for awhile!
I have to know your hubs secret to his pizza-does he make his own crust or is it store bought and he just puts on awesome toppings?
You had me at Dr. Pepper and then sealed the deal with White Russians. 🙂