Outside my window: it’s rather gray and bleak looking but purportedly warmer than the last few bitterly cold days we’ve had. Though the trade in for that warmer weather is snow of course, luckily we’re only predicted to get a dusting this time.
This weekend : was spent planning craft projects, dreaming of 5th birthday parties, playing a fun game with friends, building blanket forts (or tree houses as MM likes to call them) and eating several meals on paper plates in an effort to avoid the kitchen.
We also: finally managed to track down MM’s humidifier as he’s had this persistant cough for awhile now that we are trying to kick. BB picked it up, too, so we headed to the store and got a second one, opting to get the green frog shaped one that MM was instantly smitten with and giving the penguin to BB. Hopefully the new cuteness will help kick those poor coughs and we can all start sounding healthy again soon.
I am reading: Deep Down True by Juliette Fay which I started last week but put down temporarily so that I could read Anne of the Island quickly before watching the second Anne of Green Gables movie after finding out from my bloggy pal Jean that the movie combines books two and three. So glad I read it right away regardless as it might be my favorite installment so far. I also feel like it ended at a nice place where I can walk away from Prince Edward Island temporarily to read the many, many other books vying for my attention without feeling discontent.
You should check out these links:
- The major book nerd in me is swooning a little bit over the awesome onesies at Peaceblossoms that Cool Mom Picks highlighted recently.
- My crafty urges continue to taunt me. I am drooling over the idea of homemade oven mitts thanks to Homemade by Jill.
- I’ve been thinking about my crock pot lately and this barbecue chicken recipe at The Crock Pot Blog seems right up my alley.
- And for dessert maybe chocolate chip cookies made in muffin tins like these ones at Cooking With My Kid?
- I’m also drooling over this recipe for tortellini soup at Two Peas and Their Pod.
One last picture to share before I go: BB and MM have been really starting to play together lately instead of just near each other. Love this picture of them riding a “boat” together.