Happy first day of March guys! To celebrate being one month closer to spring, I thought I’d do a fun meme – for old time’s sake! Remember when I used to do these like every other week and it was boring because after awhile any regular readers would probably know my answers already? Well I haven’t done one in awhile but I still love me a good meme and thought this one over at Our Daily Big Top looked awesome.
- My childhood nickname was … the first one that comes to mind is Jenny Penny but honestly only my aunt called me that and I used to hate it irrationally. My grandma always called me The Kidlet – she probably called all the grandchildren that, but I was “the original grandchild” so in my mind, I’m the One True Kidlet. Strangely this nickname never bothered me. I wouldn’t mind being The Kidlet these days if it meant not having to clean the house and cook meals for everyone and maybe getting to go out for hot dogs and ice cream with my grandparents… My grandfather called me The Lean Mean Talking Machine which was pretty apt. It’s funny because when you first meet me I’m usually a bit shy and hoping to blend into the wallpaper but once you break down that brief barrier, watch out. I may never shut up again. My kids? Definitely Lean Mean Talking Machine Juniors.
- If you want to spoil me rotten, buy me books! I always want books – take me to a bookstore and even if I say something foolish like, “I’m not going to get anything, I have too many books,” well dollars to donuts (whatever that means) I will find a book that is an exception and I will have to have it. Buy me books. Please? Support my addiction.
- The television character I most identify with is probably Frankie from The Middle which is really just too funny because my god is she a mess? I don’t think I’m as stereotypical as Frankie but my husband and I always get a kick out of that show because he is totally the Mike Heck to my Frankie. He the Tall Dark and Silent (and handsome) homebody who kind of just rides the waves of his wife’s crazy roller coasters. She the mom constantly trying to improve family life and make things work better with varying results. And our kids rotate through all three siblings depending on the situation and time of day.
- If I had a whole day to go shopping and money to spend, I would go to IKEA and spruce the heck out of our home with nice furniture and storage and organization galore. Then I’d go to Sears or Home Depot and get some new appliances because since we moved in here a year ago every appliance in our home has tried valiantly to die a couple of times (except the dryer, knock on wood). Hmm and if I had time after that I’d go to New York & Company and Kohls and get myself some new clothes (am I skinny yet in this fantasy?)
- The most wild and crazy thing I have ever done (that I can admit to publicly) is probably moved halfway across the country to a state I’d never been to where we have no family. But it was more necessary than crazy if we’re going to be honest. Still we’re amazed sometimes at that huge gamble we took and how well it paid off. (What you thought I was going to tell you about my sordid college days or something? Please, this is a family friendly blog guys!)
- The one thing on my bucket list that I am most eager to do is go to Europe with Dan – someday, someday. Honestly any kind of travel to a new location is something I’m eager for. Whether it’s the Wisconsin Dells, Door County, Disney, a family road trip, Hawaii or Paris – I say “yes please, let’s go now!”
- My family will always be loyal to each other (I hope). Family is family. (I have to agree with Jen, is there a better answer? I think not)
- If I could spend a day with a celebrity I would chooseEllen. (again, stealking Jen’s answer here) Not only is she one of the funniest celebrities that I follow, she is just such an amazing woman, I’d love to meet her in person and get to know more about her off camera. I just hope she doesn’t make me do one of those Hidden Camera pranks, I don’t think I could keep a straight face through that!
- In my opinion, the best invention in the history of the world is Jet Dry. I want to marry Jet Dry and make spotlessly dry babies with it. Oh and you know, antibiotics and the telephone are pretty great, too.
- When life hands me lemons, I make raspberry lemon tea cake. At least I’m going to make it soon – there’s a delicious looking recipe for it in the new cookbook I got the last time someone stupidly let me step foot in a bookstore, Cook Yourself Thin Faster.
Wasn’t that fun? Well, it was fun for me, so there! lol If you play along, too, leave me a comment so I can go check out your answers! Oh and as a thank you for sitting through that, here…
Enjoy a complimentary picture of the happiest toddler on the block (warning, happiness may wear off after 37 seconds – side effects may include temper tantrums, messy play rooms and goldfish cracker crumbs everywhere)
2 responses to “March Meme Madness!”
Ah this was a good one. Nothing wrong with a random meme once in awhile.
Oh I forgot about Ikea – that is a great place to spend the day and $ too. I haven’t done a meme in a long time too but I had nothing fun to share on Leap Day and felt like I had to at least document it since it only happens once/4 years 🙂