Happy Tuesday to all my bloggy readers. This week is Valentines Week which I’m sure elicits groans from some and excitement in others. I’m more on the excitement end of the spectrum. I get all the arguments about it being a Hallmark Holiday and all that, but I’ll take any excuse to celebrate the loves in my life frankly.
So for this week’s Tuesday10 the writing prompt is 10 favorite romantic moments, either in your life or in the media. Like Mindy, I thought I’d split it half & half with memories from my life and also 5 favorite romantic moments from television.
Here are my five favorite romantic memories with my darling husband:
- Dan and I had mutual crushes on one another for a long time before we finally found the courage to go on a date. Even by the end of said date I still wasn’t sure if it was in fact a date. He dropped me off at my house and drove away and I stood there in the driveway feeling like an idiot. I swallowed my pride and took a chance, calling him on the phone. He answered and I said “Do you like me? Because I like you… and I thought you should know.” Minutes later he’d turned around and driven back to my house and we have been together basically every day since then. This was our first “boombox over the head” romantic moment.
- Back in 2008, in the relatively early days in our marriage, we were having a fight. It wasn’t a big fight nor was it a new fight, but at some point in the argument we came around to the other side and found common ground again. It was one of those moments in our marriage where we realized how strong our relationship could be. It ended with him saying something along the lines of: “I’m not a fundamentalist, you know that, but there is one thing which I feel fundamentally about, and it will not waver: That I love you.”
- My husband is no stranger to sending me little love notes but last year my husband did pretty much the most romantic thing that a husband of a blogger can do. He hacked my blog with a love post. A super sweet, mushy, laying it all out there love post that made me swoon and still makes me swoon just thinking about it. :O)
- Obviously the day he proposed to me / the day we married were pretty fantastic romantic events. The births of our child were pretty huge also. But let’s not forget the little days. The many times he has brought me home flowers, given a back rub after a long day, sat through sappy romantic movies with me, the times we’ve nursed each other back to help after a bad illness. I think it’s important to mention all these little moments because they are just as important as the big ones.
- This weekend Dan was making coffee for us with our new coffee maker. He wanted to try out reusing the empty pods from some previous cups of joe using a little aluminum foil and some espresso he’d grounded up. He finished a cup for me and was working on a cup for himself when I knocked mine literally all over myself. After recovering from the mess of the spill and the burning of the hot liquid, I went upstairs and changed. When I came back, there was a new cup of coffee waiting for me. His coffee. Moments like these make me fall in love with him all over again.
You can read more romantic memories with my husband here…
Here are some of my favorite romantic moments on television:
It might seem a little silly to include a television episode from like less than two weeks ago, but that was one heck of a kiss and I think it will go down in the history books of Great Kisses. There are history books about kissing, right?
In closing, I leave you with my favorite love poem.
i carry your heart with me
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)