What a week. I think this week was hard on a lot of people. It was hard on me for a myriad of reasons – BB and I were down for the count most of the week with The Head Cold From Heck, one of those awful colds that just fills your head with pressure and doesn’t stop. I spent three days in a bathrobe that now needs to be washed badly. This week was also hard for the people of Boston or the people with loved ones in and around Boston. Or the people who are compassionate human beings who are hearing about what’s going on in Boston and can imagine it happening wherever they are. Reading my Facebook feed this week was super duper depressing to say the least.
I for one am feeling the TGIF vibe in a major way today. With fun plans this weekend and simply the relief of a long week finally ending, the head cold lifting and pizza night tonight – this weekend is welcomed with open arms. But before I walk away from the computer for the night to fix dinner and look for a movie on Netflix, here are 5 things from this week that were good. I’m linking up again with Lauren Elizabeth’s High 5 for Friday.
- A good hair day – took a shower and used a hair dryer and everything. It is sad how rarely I take the time to primp myself so I throw a little party when it happens. Me and instagram being the invitees.
- Stopping for a chai tea latte at Starbucks with BB during a busy shopping trip. I have to laugh at the spelling attempt of what I thought was a normal name. One n and two f’s… that’s a first – pretty handwriting though!
- It has been raining for about a week now so I am very grateful that we put a line in the backyard so that I don’t have to stand out there for every doggy bathroom break.
- My sweet, clever boy was pretty much jumping for joy yesterday when I told him he’d be returning to his current school next year and that his sister will be going there for 4k. I’m glad he’s happy that our transfer request was denied – it makes the situation much easier for me. This morning he excitedly told me that a 4k student rides his bus this year and that if BB can ride the bus with him in the fall that he’ll sit with her every day to keep her safe. I am so proud of my little boy.
- Head colds mean that my daughter napped more this week than usual – sometimes passed out cold on the couch, but hey, I’ll take what I can get. And use the moment as a photo op to take #babeinamug shots for Mommy Shorts.
Who else is seriously ready for this weekend to start? Any highlights of the past week or are you just wanting to wipe the slate clean this week?