This week Mama Kat is unsurprisingly asking us to write about topics with the theme of love, valentines day and all things cupidish. Today I’m answering the writing prompt:
3.) 8 people/places/or things you’d like to give a virtual Valentine to.
So apart from my husband, kids, family, friends and other assorted loved ones that have OBVIOUSLY earned the world’s most cloyingly sweet handmade valentine with all the trimmings, here are 8 other recipients of my most recent adoration:
- My local baristas for keeping me in a caffienated state of bliss throughout these cold, long winter months – I couldn’t do it without you guys. And the super pretty latte art isn’t hurting either!
- Those clever, clever folks at BBC for giving me some of my favorite television programs. My life has not been the same since discovering Sherlock, Doctor Who and occasionally Top Gear if only for Richard Hammond’s antics. You complete me.
- Tylenol – it’s been a painful month or two, what with my constant falling and hurting myself. Thanks for helping to dull that pain, every 6 hours or so.
- Disney Junior – thanks for giving my kids strong role models to look up to even though they are only a handful of inches tall. Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins and all even Mickey the Mouse continue to set a good example to my kids on how to exist in this world, how to learn from it and how to sing a song while doing it.
- To the makers of the LEGO Movie (you know, LEGO) – thanks for getting that song stuck in my head. Before seeing your movie, I’d been on a constant loop of Do You Want To Build a Snowman, so hey, at least this is a break from that, though admittedly there are a lot less lines in this one. At least it’s ridiculously cheerful and upbeat.
- Speaking of building snowmen, thank you SO SO MUCH to Disney for putting out a Disney movie where the Happily Ever After doesn’t mean “And then she got the guy.” Frozen finally gives us a Princess we can all truly get behind (and a Queen, too!) while belting out fantastic songs and fangirling our little hearts out. You’ll be receiving my full thanks in a couple months when the DVD comes out.
- Much love goes to Buzzfeed for keeping me busy with cheesy personality quizzes and articles giving me 26 reasons why This Celeb is Worthy of us Obsessing Over and 13 Bookshelves Cooler Than Your Bookshelves and — you get the idea.
- Lastly, one valentine must go to those fantastic people who make chocolate. Because seriously. No explanation needed.
Who would you like to send a Valentine to tomorrow?