This week has seriously felt like the song that doesn’t end – weather woes aside (there are always weather woes, no?) my daughter has been … trying my patience, to say the least. It’s been a battle of the wills lately as my four year old and I battle it out over who exactly is in charge around here and I wish I could tell you I was winning. Ages and stages, right?
She gets home from 4k in about half an hour so while I have a few minutes of peace and quiet, let me take a moment to share with you some of the fun stuff I’ve read / seen online this week in between tantrums (hers and mine).
- This lemon pound cake with lemon poppy seed buttercream at Joy the Baker looks like exactly what the doctor ordered. I’m pretty sure with a slice or twelve of this cake that all my troubles would melt away.
- I’m also super wanting to try this recipe for spinach artichoke white cheese pizza at Sally’s Baking Addiction. I haven’t made homemade pizza in way too long and this looks delish!
- Speaking of temperamental preschoolers and the ages and stages, this post at Nick Jr. of ‘On Board’ signs for all life stages made me laugh hard. Which ones does your car need right now?
- I am kind of madly in love with this little bookcase necklace at Etsy right now. JanDaJewelry has a ton of cute literary jewelry in her shop. I’m also pining for this Pride & Prejudice necklace charm or maybe the Sherlock Holmes one…
- Did you see this chart on Mental Floss of the the most popular girl names in each state since 1960? My name totally dominated for 15 years – represent! (Another way to read this: I’m super ordinary)
- My eight year old is really into origami right now. Next free chance I get, I want to make this easy origami bear (via All for the Boys) with him.
- I loved this post at A Simple Haven of simple party favor ideas. Definitely bookmarking this one for the next birthday party we plan.
- Lastly, allow me to get nerdy for a minute. This comic just completes me (warning: mild potty mouth language and brutal honesty):
Okay here’s a picture of my coffee on Monday (and my son enjoying his last day of spring break) so that we can end this post on a funner note – because coffee makes everything better, right?