Hard to believe that the end of July is upon us! It’s been a busy month – it always is when we travel. I’m linking up with Emily Freeman to share a few things I learned this month, on the road and otherwise. Silly or serious. There are no rules here really except to document what you’ve learned and share.
- My in-laws taught Dan and I how to play Pitch. Apparently it’s his parent’s favorite card game and my brother in law’s as well – and now we all seem to be big fans which is bound to make family get togethers a lot more interesting! I have some very wonderful memories of playing Pitch into the wee hours this month, laughing hard and bonding big time.
- I learned how to up my Ramen game – we had friends over this month and we cooked a more homemade style of Ramen complete with a soft boiled egg on top. Major game changer.
- I also learned how to soft boil an egg, which might be my new favorite way to cook and consume eggs.
- I learned about three different places to experience Platform 9 3/4 and now I want to visit them all.
- I learned from reading her new book that Danielle Fishel worked at Macy’s during the holiday season as a gift wrapper, mostly because it sounded like fun. And that even Danielle Fishel is not immune to rude customers.
- I learned how good it feels to tidy up a room according to Marie Kondo’s methods in The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I still have a LONG way to go in both the book and my house (so I guess I’m not really following her advice to clean it all out now immediately) but it still felt great to see my office floor again.
I’m sure I’ll think of more things I learned later that I should have shared, but this is a pretty good representation of my month over all. Share what you learned in the comments section or link up with Emily and send me a link to your answers!