I’m still kind of fried from vacation so I’m answering some quick and easy Halloween This or That questions for this week’s Writer’s Workshop hosted by Mama Kat. Wanna play along? Answer these questions on your own blog or in the comments section – or check out her other prompts in case inspiration strikes.
Halloween This Or That:
1. Chocolate candy or fruity? I mean, I feel like both are essential food groups but I suppose if you held me up at gunpoint I’d probably choose chocolate. But then, later, I’d really want some Twizzlers or Skittles. So.
2. Witches of Vampires? I feel like I need to choose witch because I dressed up as a witch at least 8,000 times as a kid (sometimes even on Halloween) and I’m actually related to some ladies who were both accused of being witches during the Salem Witch Trials and who accused some other ladies of being witches also. So it’s kind of in my blood.
3. Trick or Treat? Definitely treat!
4. Halloween Party or Scary Movie? Party for sure, I’ve never really been a fan of scary movies. I do like supernatural kind of movies like vampire movies or zombie movies, but the slasher / shock you out of your seats horror movies do nothing for me. That said, I can’t promise I’ll dress up for this Halloween Party, though I will spend copious amounts of time and energy buying a costume that I’ll probably never wear.
5. Skeletons or Zombies? I suppose zombies. I was never really into zombies until recently – we’ve had some really good zombie stories come out that are kind of breathing new life into the undead genre. Skeletons, however, remain mostly decorative and boring. Except Geoff Peterson.
6. Trick-or-Treat or Hand Out Candy? This is basically #theeternalstruggle. Because I want to be out with the kids, watching them Trick or Treat – and I also want to be at home, seeing all the cute costumes. I usually try to do both, with the husband and I working in shifts – or we all go out as a family for like 30 minutes and then go home to hand out candy to the rest of the crowd. The next eternal struggle i when we get home and realize those seemingly small bags of candy have like more candy than I could possibly know what to do with. Why do we do this every year, guys? It’s kind of gross.
7. Hay Ride or Corn Maze? Corn maze. Hay rides are kind of scary – there are no seat belts anywhere and we’re all just perched on poorly executed communal tractors full of itchy hay bales, hoping we don’t fall overboard at the next bump. Let’s take our infants! It’ll be fun!
8. Scary Costume or Funny Costume? I guess funny, I’m not deeply opposed to scary, but I have young kids so I’m not looking to scar anyone for life.
9. Pumpkin Seeds or Pumpkin Pie? How is this even up for debate? Always choose pie.
10. Bottle Feed A Baby Zombie or Walk Alone Through A Dark Forest? I guess I’m taking my chance with that forest. Zombie lore is very much a mixed bag. Some of those zombie babies are totes peaceful and others are totally about to eat my face off. A dark forest might be just a bunch of trees at night. Can I bring a knife or a can of mace just in case?
11. Bats or Black Cats? Definitely black cats. Bats are super creepy and cats are adorable (although they do make me sneezy). Also, they might just turn into a witch, who might be able to cure my cat allergy.
12. Pumpkin Spice or hot chocolate? Like just the spice blend of pumpkin pie? Versus a delicious chocolaty drink? I’d rather consume the hot chocolate than a spoonful of spices. Also chocolate. It beats pumpkin pie anyway.
13. Celebrate in your neighborhood or at the mall? Neighborhood. I tried the mall thing the first year we moved here because the allure of being indoors was so strong and we didn’t know anybody anyway. But the reality of mall trick or treating is standing in a really long line with way too many people, begging people for tootsie rolls and other candy that you wouldn’t BUY in a store. I’d rather head over to Godiva, give them all my money and eat like a Queen, then go home. At least with neighborhood trick or treating, you can tell yourself that you are being social and showing all your neighborhood friends your kids’ cute costumes. And try not to think too hard about the candy.
3 responses to “Halloween This or That Tag”
“both are essential food groups”…and that is why we would be bffs forever.
I feel like I just earned bragging rights.
I might wish I had the self-discipline to choose pumpkin seeds over pie, but that is just not gonna happen.