Today I’m linking up with Mama Kat’s World Famous Writing workshop. She gives you a variety of topics to write about – you pick one and then make the magic happen.
This week’s Writing Prompts are:
1. You have a day off, what do you do with your free time?
2. Tell us about something you were punished for.
3. Write a list of 8 things you are thankful for.
4. Share a list of some of your most recent favorite things.
5. Write a blog post inspired by the word: Rain
So here are 8 things I am thankful for, in no particular order:
- I’m thankful that despite my inability to not buy books, we still have a roof over our head, heat and running water and plenty of food to eat. I’m grateful that my husband works hard to bring home the bacon and keep us living well.
- I’m thankful for good friends who make living far from our family seem unterrible. With holidays looming it can be easy to think about all the stuff you feel like you are missing by being far from extended family, but we’ve developed an amazing circle of friends that keep us busy and make us feel like we have a tribe here.
- I’m thankful for my two incredibly smart, clever, kind, funny children who give me a run for my money every day. I might be a shrill, ranting mommy a fair amount of the time – but I am blessed to have two great kids who put up with their so not a morning person mommy and make me proud basically constantly.
- I’m thankful for the weird foot brace boot thing that I’ve been wearing at night that seems to be relieving the insane pain I was having in my left foot that seems like it might have been Plantar fasciitis.
- I’m thankful for coffee. Coffee.
- I’m thankful for an amazing husband who let me finally buy the new dresser and night stand (and a new bookshelf!!!) that I’ve been eyeing for years and then assembled almost all of it without me. I did put in a fair amount of effort on one of the nightstands but even that he had to come home and help me finish. Because I’m hammer deficient. Christmas came early this year.
- I’m thankful for smart phones with cameras that allow me to basically have a camera on me at all times so I never have to miss capturing a moment, big or small.
- I’m thankful for all of you who take the time to read the words I write and maybe leave a comment or two – and for the friendships and sense of community you can find in this little blogiverse.
What things are you thankful for?