I’m linking up with Mama Kat again for her pretty much world famous Writer’s Workshop. One of the prompts this week was to answer the questions for this So Very Thankful tag. I’m feeling kind of brain mushy today so a tag is perfect and what better post to write for Thanksgiving than a list of things I am thankful for! So.
1. Name a color you are thankful for. I am thankful for many colors for many reasons but the beautiful teal / aqua blue color tends to add a pop of something to some of my favorite things. And apparently a lot of the women in my family are digging on this color, so my good taste is in good company.
2. Something your spouse does that you are thankful for. Guys, my husband is basically the best thing ever and I’d be a hot mess without him. He knows literally everything, always makes me think harder than I’d normally do on my own so he’s making me smarter. He is the one who remembers when the water filter needs to be changed or the smoke detectors need new batteries. He knows how to clean all of our pots and pans and cookie sheets without ruining them and he’s tall and can reach things that are up high (even if they are out of reach because he put them there). And he’s super cute.
3. Something your kids do that you are thankful for. Don’t be afraid to put your kids to work. Apparently I’ve become a master delegater since having children and I love it. My kids make their own breakfast, pack their own lunch, take care of most of the dog’s trips to the bathroom and feed him breakfast and dinner. I could go on, but eventually you’ll start asking yourself what exactly I do and nobody wants that.
4. A food you are thankful for. Chopped salads – they brought me back to salads when I was pretty much done with them. It turns out I don’t mind most veggies, I just need some crunch and substance to my veggies. Munching on giant leaves does nothing for me.
5. What recent good news are you thankful for? Let’s talk about news tomorrow.
6. Name a drink you are thankful for. I don’t think anyone would take my seriously if I didn’t say coffee, but I’ll add lactose free milk alternatives as the amazing thing that lets me keep drinking said coffee.
7. Name a restaurant you are thankful for. I’m writing this in the past but I’ll say I’m thankful for whichever restaurant ends up feeding us Thanksgiving dinner this year – actual restaurant to be determined. I’ll try to remember to update you guys later about who provides me with cranberry sauce and pie this year.
8. Talk about an animal you are thankful for. I’m probably supposed to name my dog here but I’ve got to be honest, he should be thankful for my extreme patience / glutton for punishment tendencies.
9. Name a beauty product you are thankful for. I’m thankful for the magical brush that doesn’t snag my daughter’s hair as much as most brushes so that we’re finally able to brush her rat’s nest mane of hair. Snaps to the Detangler from Ulta Beauty.
10. Name a cleaning product you are thankful for. Laundry soap pods because they are so easy to use that my seven year old can do the laundry now. Like I said, master delegater.
11. What social media platform are you thankful for? So I most enjoy using Instagram because ohhhh pretty pictures and yay for basically zero drama or stress in a social media platform, but Facebook boasts it’s track record for helping me stay connected to friends and family that live far away so I guess it still wins even though I frequently need to take cleansing breaks from it (particularly during elections).
12. Tell us why you are thankful for the last person who texted you. That would be my friend Abby who pretty much keeps me sane and has become my partner in crime these last couple years. Our kids are all friends, our husbands get along, and we can be messy less than perfect weirdos and still seem to want to hang out together any chance we get. That’s hard to find in this world.
13. Name a candy you are thankful for. I don’t know whether to be thankful for Royce chocolates or despondent that it has kind of ruined other chocolates for me and has the audacity to be so difficult to come by. When I tried their Nama line in Vegas this summer it was like the ultimate bliss in chocolate form. I haven’t been the same since.
14. Name an app on your phone that you are thankful for. I just started using Habitica and I’m kind of loving it. It turns goal setting into a game where you get points for doing all the stuff you keep trying to do like exercise more or meditate or drink more water or check all those things off your to do list. It’s honor based and relatively open ended but you wouldn’t believe how many times I get dressed up cute or empty the dishwasher before bed mostly for the experience points. Whatever works, right?
15. What are you looking forward to that you are thankful for? We finally broke down and replaced our refrigerator because manually defrosting it every month was starting to get old (and be starting to, I mean…). I’m thankful that our new fridge is getting delivered on Friday.
What things are you thankful for? Feel free to share your answers in the comments section or send me a link to your blog’s responses. Happy Turkey Day guys!