I don’t think I need to tell you that winter is HARD some days but, guys, winter is hard some days. I’ve had pretty much exactly enough cold days, icy sidewalks, sick kids, grey skies and nothing on tv. But I’m linking up with Anne @ Modern Mrs. Darcy to share a list of things that make these hard winter days a little bit better – the things that are “saving my life right now” – what would be on your list? Here’s mine:
- Silk brand coffee creamer has been the best solution I’ve found to making quick, easy lactose free cups of joe that I actually want to drink. I know this is a really small thing but really small things are the name of the game on weekday mornings.
- Water aerobic classes make me feel kind of like a super hero for an hour. I love the fact that I can kick ridiculously high underwater and jump around for an hour without needing aspirin immediately afterwards and being underwater has the added benefit that nobody can really see how poorly I’m doing the moves. Bonus life saver: A gym buddy who keeps encouraging me when I want to cop out.
- Game nights with the best people keep me from wanting to scream into my phone at Facebook every day. This world can be an exhausting place between sports, politics, Starbucks cups and whatever other ridiculous thing we’re told to be furious about today. Having friends over to play dumb card games and drink cheap wine definitely helps.
- The balance ball desk chair that my husband got me for Christmas is surprisingly comfortable and way better for my back than my old office chair. You know that feeling you get from sitting too long looking at Pinterest? I don’t seem to get that with this chair and it’s fun to bounce around every so often when Pinterest isn’t being interesting enough.
- Raising awesome little humans is hard work but it gives me hope for humanity when they say something kind or clever or just awesome. Motherhood definitely isn’t all sunshine and rainbows – trust me I could write a whole post on all the ways that my kids annoy and frustrate me. But they also delight me and make me seriously proud and they are definitely the best thing I’ve ever made.