Back in June I made a list of 10 things I wanted to do this summer. I only managed to do three of them (take our vacation to the white mountains, go to the beach & attend a family BBQ) but that doesn’t stop me from admiring the list, and hoping we’ll do better next year. I still want to do all those other things another summer. So in an effort to continue being hopeful, here are 10 things I’d like to do this Fall:
- Go Apple Picking: Can I put this on my list, even though I’ve already done it? I’d love to go back and possibly pick a pumpkin as well and hit the playground at the apple orchard which I’m now considering “my favorite apple orchard” even though I’ve only been there once.
- Jump into a pile of leaves: Especially after seeing this post over @ Sunshine and Lemonade.
- Read a book under a tree: It was on my list for the summer and I never did it, but come to think of it, it sounds just as fun to do in the Fall as in the summer. Perhaps I’ll have better luck at it this season.
- Make apple pie: I’ve never actually made my own apple pie, and I’m planning to do so this weekend but just in case, I’m putting it on my list!
- Carve or paint a pumpkin: I don’t even care if it’s a real pumpkin, I want a pumpkin with a face on it (but not a real face, that would be creepy).
- Go trick or treating with my son and all my friends and all their kids: That’s not asking for too much, is it?
- Drink egg nog & apple cider and eat pie: I can make the pie or not, and they don’t have to be all at the same time, but doing all three of these things is a must this fall.
- Take a trip to either Boston, Plymouth or Salem: I know this is one that might not happen but all three seem like perfect touristy things to do in the autumn months. Complete with museums and learning please?
- Make my own cornbread and cornbread stuffing: I had the most amazing cornbread stuffing last year and I’d like to make my own this year, and cornbread, too.
- Save money on my car insurance? Yeah I ran out of fall-themed ideas, sorry.
What do YOU want to do this fall?