This week Becca want’s you to:
Give Me Five staples on your grocery list besides milk, bread and eggs.
Basically, five foods that you cannot live without on a regular basis, and will likely ALWAYS be found in your home. For me that would be:
1. Trader Joe’s String Cheese – or some variation of string cheese, but we love Trader Joe’s selection for just about everything – and this is a staple “side dish” at lunch for MM and myself.
2. Yoplait Lemon Cream Pie Light Yogurt – there are not a lot of yogurts out there that I like, but this one I LOVE and the fact that it’s good for me makes me giggle with glee – or at least, makes me really proud every time I decide to have some. Soooo good.
3. Swiss Miss Marshmallow Lovers Hot Chocolate – I’m thinking of switching to fair trade hot chocolate when I run out of my massive supply of this, my favorite hot chocolate, but I will miss the cute little marshmallows and you know, general Swiss Miss awesomeness. Really though, it’s the hot chocolate that is key here, especially on a cold day – and when you are in the basement of an apartment, many days are cold.
4. Grapes – for the MM – he loves fruit and this is one of his very favorites, so I try to always have some in the apartment, washed, sorted and baggied up for him and ready to go when he wants a snack.
5. Romaine Lettuce – I never knew I liked salad until I discovered Romaine Lettuce – the essential ingredient in any good Caesar Salad, it is so good – it blows poor Iceburg lettuce out of the freaking water and since discovering it, I try to always have a bag on hand (because I’m too lazy to deal with “heads” of lettuce).
What are your top 5 essentials in your kitchen? I’m sure I didn’t name all the biggies, but I wanted to do some things that weren’t completely obvious, like peanut butter and jelly, which otherwise would have been numbers 1 and 2. If you decide to play along, be sure to link up over @ BeccA’s Buzz.