Now that 2008 has officially left the building, it’s time to party like it’s 2009!
Hope you are all having a safe, silly celebratory good time!
I’d like to make a toast to good times, great comments & a very bloggy new year!
I’ll leave you with this questionare that I saw at Simple Mom…
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? I’d have to say finally getting pregnant – it seems like we were trying forever, but we did it & I’m now 10 1/2 weeks pregnant!
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? Deciding that babysitting my friend’s three year old son several days a week really wasn’t working for me like I’d thought it was – and then telling her – it all worked out fine, but learning that wasn’t easy and doing something about it was even harder.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? We finally bought a Wii this Fall – we totally hadn’t planned to, but the money was there and we realized we had to go for it!
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? Any of the several plumbing incidents we had in the apartment this year – thank god for maintenance!
5. Pick three words to describe 2008. changing, growing, learning
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2008 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you). pregnant, healthy, successful
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2008 (again, without asking). hard-working, successful, quick
8. What were the best books you read this year? I read SO many great books – for a full list read this post.
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships? my husband and son – they kept me sane – and all my new bloggy friends
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? Getting pregnant!
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? I really think my husband and I came into our own marriage-wise this year.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? I finally accepted my personal views on religion (or lack thereof)
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically? I finally found a diet that works for me!
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? I really learned to trust in my relationships and not be constantly scared they’d slip away.
15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home? having a dishwasher has been a godsend.
16. What was your most challenging area of home management? keeping up with MM’s toys
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? um probably blogging, but let’s say I didn’t say that, okay?
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year? any time spent with my son
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year? that my son is amazingly smart and learns far more than I realize sometimes
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2008 for you. Changes all around.