Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Makes: 6 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (I used 2 large potatoes, cooked and mashed them, adding no ingredients yet)
- 4 oz (1/2 of an 8 oz package) Neufchatel cheese (less fat and calories than cream cheese)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any cheese you like, really)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed (you can substitute for vegetable of your choice)
- 1 cup beef gravy
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown meat in large skillet; drain.
- Mix potatoes (cooked and mashed) with Neufchatel, 1/2 cup of cheese, and garlic, until well blended.
- Combine meat, vegetables and gravy; Spoon into 9 inch square baking dish.
- Cover with potato mixture and remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.