Pi () is the symbol for the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter.
Pi = 3.1415926535…
Pi Day is celebrated by math enthusiasts everywhere on March 14th.
If you (or someone you love) is a fan of Pi, here are some fun ways you can celebrate the Big Day (thanks to piday.org for these ideas):
- Bake a Pie with the symbol Pi on it, measure its diameter, calculate its circumference, and eat the Pie.
- Use a piece of string to “prove” Pi by measuring other circles’ circumference & diameter.
- Recite as many digits of Pi as you can as a team taking turns, or have a memorization contest and the winner gets to eat Pie first.
- Send your friends Pi Day eCards to remind them it’s Pi Day.
- Give everyone a “High Pi” instead of a high five.
- Get creative and write a song about Pi, or listen to music based on Pi.
Are you celebrating Pi Day in another fun way? Tell me about it in the comments section and be sure to mention it to PiDay.org, too!
2 responses to “Happy Pi Day!”
@ Mrs. Newlywed: lmao – yeah I’m not a math person at all, but my husband is like a math genius, so I share his enthusiasm in spirit. 😛
Gosh…I am having nightmares of 5th grade with that wretched [did I spell that right?] number.
Pi was the first thing that made me realize I was NOT going to be any good at math 🙂
It was an excellent predictor.