Yesterday was a mixed bag kind of day. On the one hand, my husband woke up sick, the kids barely napped and we spent about five hours trying to keep them well behaved while getting the house inspected and signing a lot of paperwork at the bank.
On the other hand, getting the house inspected and signing paperwork at the bank put us two steps closer to actually getting this house – and that is a very good thing. We also got a fantastic CSA crop (pretty purple beans, carrots, basil, red baby potatoes, squash and zucchini – yum!) and the hubby took me to Culvers after our bank meeting and I got a strawberry milkshake. Very good things.
Today Dan is back at work, luckily starting to feel better, and I’ve got fresh produce to cook in my future and potential sub-letters to contact. Wish me luck on both accounts! Meanwhile, here are ten things in no particular order that I love. Feel free to play along on your own blog – and definitely head to the comments section below and ruminate on some of my questions in bolded brackets throughout the post.
- Gorgeous pillowy clouds rolling around in crisp blue skies on a warm summer day, with just enough of a breeze hopefully to keep me from melting into the sidewalk.
- The smell of fresh herbs in a canvas bag along with delicious looking, mouth watering produce – adventures in cooking awaiting me. Perfect for my week with no recipes – which I’ll be blogging more about later, I promise.
- The devilish look my daughter gives before crawling at lighting speed towards the staircase at our potential future home. There was no learning curve for this one in regards to stair climbing – apparently she knows how to make her way up those stairs instinctively. We are in trouble.
- The sweet, spicy flavor of rhubarb pie – also known as my new favorite dessert. Preferably served with a scoop of ice cream and some whipped cream of course. [What is your favorite dessert food? Pick your indulgence.]
- Rustic but classically chic wooden furniture that looks like furniture and not particle board or whatever fake, sleek “not really wood” stuff that you find in modern furniture. I am infatuated with this desk at IKEA right now. It would look so cute in our future office!
- Ridiculously silly, brilliantly made kids shows that the whole family is not so secretly smitten with. Namely, Phineas and Ferb. [Any other fans? What is your favorite TV show – kids shows or grown up?]
- Being able to give away 10 copies of a book that I am infatuated with and think everyone – everyone – should read. If you haven’t entered to win a copy of Eating For Beginners yet, you really really really should. I cannot say enough good things about this book – it seriously is that good.
- Rocking out in the car to irresistibly fun and dancey music like Kesha, Black Eyed Peas or Lady Gaga. I need to add some of their music to my CD collection soon. [What music have you been loving lately? If you could buy one CD – what would you get?]
- Iced sweet tea on a hot day. We’ve also been doing a lot of iced tea mixed with lemonade – a combination which can turn any lackluster lemonade or iced tea into something spectacular.
- The excitement of summer weekends. That thing in the air that makes you head out into the world in search of beaches, local fairs, bbqs, camp grounds and anything else you can think of to make summer memories that last. [What’s the best thing your family has done so far this summer? What are you looking forward to?]