I’ve been feeling a little restless lately and a lot grumpy. I’m anxious for upcoming Happy Things and tired of complaining about things but seemingly unwilling to actually stop complaining about things which probably makes me less than fun to be around. Sorry about that.
So because it’s Thursday and Chookooloonks demands it, today I am going to try and focus on The Happy – the things I loooooove with puffy hearts even when I feel like my head is about to explode from the whiny and the cranky.
- salted caramel hot cocoa which I first discovered at Starbucks but quickly implemented at home for ridiculously cheap. I recommend Smucker’s caramel sauce as the bottle is much nicer and squeezable than the Hershey’s counterpart. Just make a cup of cocoa, add whipped cream and drizzle some caramel. Sprinkle some sea salt or kosher salt on top and enjoy.
- playing Forty Thieves at the Games that Give website – because if I’m going to waste time playing games online, it may as well be for a good cause.
- My husband who is amazing and supportive and spoils me like crazy even when I’m not acting very deserving of it.
- My kids. They drive me crazy sometimes, often lately, but they are so adorable and smart and loving. MM is becoming this little creative artistic wonder kid and he’s so clever and interested in learning to read and write everything. He’s a little too addicted to the television some days for my liking but he’s such a good natured kid and infinitely patient with his mommy.
- Little BB is growing up so fast and she’s got us all wrapped around our finger. She’s pushing limits right now, trying to find trouble wherever she can but honestly I’m so impressed with how much she’s grown, how good at walking she is now and my gosh how agile for her age. She is a mover and a shaker that one, and we are all in for it.
- My new Kindle which is so purty and I don’t give myself nearly enough time to play with it as Quality Reading Time always seems to end up on the back burner, especially during the day.
- My novel which is going pretty awesome so far. I am very close to the 20,000 word mark which is pretty impressive in my mind. I’m not 100% happy with it so far but I think it would be weird if I was and I do like a good portion of it a lot. I will be beyond thrilled if I actually finish this thing, whether it’s any good or not, it will be such an improvement over all of my previous attempts at writing (i.e. all that unfinished stuff).
- The holidays are just around the corner and I have a lot to look forward to. We are blessed to have such amazing family and friends and most especially each other.
- Apparently in April we will likely be buying a house and if that doesn’t make me happy, I don’t know what will!
What’s making you happy today?