One of Mama Kat’s writing prompts for this week’s Writer’s Workshop was:
3.) Five of your current favorite things.
I could use a dose of positive thinking today – at the time of my writing this, I am stuck at home for the third day now with a sprained foot. I’d like to tell you that I got into an epic battle with a dangerous group of ninjas and escaped with only a sprained foot and a fantastic story to tell at parties, but the truth is less cool and more clumsy – I tripped walking into the garage. Yup, this is my life guys – I hurt myself doing the dumbest, most boring things ever. I am on the road to recovery and feeling much better now than when it happened Saturday afternoon, but it still hurts to bend my foot in certain directions or to put pressure on it – like you know walking, so yeah – a little power of positive thinking is sounding pretty good right now!
So here are five of my current favorite things:
- My amazing husband who has been taking such good care of me and forcing me to take it easy. Yesterday that man made two different types of homemade chili and homemade cornbread, kept up with the dishes all day, took the kids to karate and read them a bedtime story – with a head cold – while getting me medicine, drinks, ice packs and anything else I asked for. That man is amazing and deserves a medal!
- I started watching Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23 recently on netflix instant and I’m ridiculously hooked (and seriously disappointed to hear that the show was cancelled). James Van Der Beek has been completely redeemed in my eyes – I was never much of a Dawson fan, but I love him on this show. Also – being a fan of 2 Broke Girls, it has been fun seeing Eric André in another role!
- Keepy.me just came out with an android app and I’ve been having a lot of fun uploading pictures of the kids’ artwork there. The app has a few minor kinks, but for the most part I’m really liking it. You can upload projects and organize by date, child and category – and they have the option for kids to leave a video or audio recording and for friends and family to leave text or video comments as well. Super cute!
- Tylenol and ice packs – I’m a big fan.
- I recently finished reading my first book for 2014 – Freakonomics by Steven Levitt, which my book club will be discussing at the end of the month. I have to say, I enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would. It kind of made me wish that I’d taken some economics in college, though I’m sure that might not have been as easily accessible to understand as this book was. I definitely recommend this one!
What are some things you’ve been enjoying lately?