The above picture should serve as an indication that month finally found her May Flowers after all. The weather was so absolutely beautiful yesterday that I had lunch with my husband outside in just a tank top and didn’t run back to the car for my sweater. Seriously guys, that’s like momentous.
Weather like this does wonders for my mood – I was on cloud nine yesterday despite a rough morning and finding out that our optometrist plans to do nothing to fix / replace my glasses after they literally snapped in half for NO obvious reason roughly 6 months after buying them…
Luckily I already had a backup pair. Cross your fingers that the good weather and my good mood continue into Memorial Day weekend. While we wait for the BBQs and long weekend to begin, here are some of the best things I found online this week.
- Neil Patrick Harris wrote his memoirs in the form of a Choose Your Own Adventure Novel because of course he did. Celeb memoirs are one of my favorite things and I’m eagerly looking forward to reading this one.
- This is a long one but I really enjoyed this article about how YouTube and Internet Journalism Destroyed Tom Cruise. Am I one of the last standing Cruise fans? I found the whole article fascinating, like I literally read all seven pages.
- Continuing in my nerdy direction, buzzfeed shared with us the formula for every group of characters in pop culture. Who would you be in the story of your life – a matriarch, patriarch, craftsman or clown? I think I’m somewhere between matriarch and craftsman.
- This is just perfection.
- Mommy Shorts blog went down for a little while and she appealed to her Facebook fans for funny pictures of our kids to entertain her while she waited. Of course when her blog came back up we were all rewarded for our efforts. BB was one of the 27 babies she used to illustrate her range of emotions while her blog was down. And it’s one of my favorite pictures of her!
- I just discovered Renegade Mothering this week and I think she’s my new favorite thing. I’m totally signing onto her No-Drama Friendship Manifesto – this is pretty much exactly what I look for in a friend. Also, I want off the parenting teams, too.
- Have we heard enough Frozen covers yet? I know there are easily a gagillion of them now, but this new Mom version of “Let it Go” really is perfect.
- Lastly, in case you are hungry – how about these mini cherry cheesecake trifles. I’d like one literally right now, please.
Have a great weekend guys!