I’m too lazy to write a legitimate blog post and I pretty much just did my weekly geekly round up of awesome nerdy links to thinks you should read or look at. So I’m going to try just sort of micro-blogging or mind dumping and hope that something brilliant comes out of it.
- We spent Labor Day binge watching Season 2 of Game of Thrones hard (as you do) and we now have only 3 episodes left before we have to track down Season 3. When we first started watching the show a couple months ago I was somewhat ambivalent. The first episode was basically soft core porn with lots of death, incest and direwolves thrown in for good measure. I pretty much just liked the direwolves. But I stuck it out because I figured it had to have gained it’s mega popularity for more than just boobies. Luckily this theory was not unfounded and now we’re basically obsessed and walk around going “It is known” and “Winter is coming” and muttering about Joffrey.
- I just used up some Amazon Points for two board games that we’ve had our eye on for awhile now. I bought Forbidden Island which is on sale for $14.99 right now and Game of Thrones: The Board Game because of course I did. If money were no object, I would have gotten Pandemic, too. Maybe Santa will get me that one. What board game / card game / etc. would you like to unwrap this year?
- I just finished reading The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer which is first in his Land of Stories series about twins Alex and Conner Bailey who find themselves in the magical world of fairy tales with no certain way of getting out and home to mother. Colfer turns fairy tales on their head, giving the stories a deeper, more honest fleshing out and it was super fun to see the characters we all know and love (or hate) reimagined. I have to admit, I was skeptical about this one as it’s yet another in a line of books written by celebrities – but I was impressed and handed it over promptly to my nine year old who is already half finished. I’ll write more on this when he’s finished so I can give you a review from both of our perspectives.
- I just discovered Calmityware.com via The Bloggess (check out her post on whether or not blogging is dead) and I’m kind of obsessed. I really want the UFO plates or maybe the sea monster ones. Can’t decide really because they all look awesome. Add this one to my Christmas list, too.
- Stephen Colbert is coming back to television tonight with the premier of his Late Show and I’m more than a little excited. His guests this week include George Clooney, Jeb Bush, Elon Musk and Scarlett Johansson which is a pretty awesome starting line up. I’m also really looking forward to Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris. Who is your favorite tv host?