This week has been less than productive in a lot of ways as I’ve been a little under the weather and laziness kind of became a priority. I’m behind on laundry, my kitchen has looked better and my husband cooked dinner two nights in a row (he’s such a keeper). So yeah. It’s been that kind of a week. But in the name of Positive Thinking, I decided to play along with Mama Kat’s last prompt for this week’s Writer’s Workshop and list some things I did accomplish this week in between huddling on my couch and drinking lots of water and tea and waiting to go to bed again.
- I signed my 7 year old up for a week of Trolls themed Ballet Camp this summer. My 10 year old will be doing a week of Scratch programming summer camp.
- Before my cold kicked into high gear, my team trivia group came in 3rd place after one heck of a game. I love our group because we have very eclectic knowledge spheres. When we join forces we can be unstoppable.
- I found out who my Whiskey Buddies were on one of those Facebook quizzes. Important stuff, guys.
- I folded at least one load of laundry when my husband complained that he had nothing to wear. I left the other loads unfolded until eventually my ten year old decided it would be easier to take his clothes upstairs and fold them himself. Huzzah! The seven year old and I are still in a standoff. Who will blink first?
- I took my dog to his grooming appointment when I really didn’t feel like it. I also picked him up from said appointment and picked up my kids from school and kept them all breathing until bedtime. Honestly, I think I deserve an award for this. Or at least some good chocolate.
- I cleaned / organized my desk in my office – you have to accept my low standards of clean, but I can assure you – major progress was made. So many papers were recycled this week guys.
- I started counting my calories again. I’m not actually limiting them yet, I’m just kind of giving myself a starting out progress report before I dive in and join my husband in his new diet that seems to be working like… a thing that works really well. Seriously, I have to hurry up and lose weight before he gets all toned and hot without me.
- I made myself try on a whole bunch of jeans and then didn’t buy any of them because none of them were perfect. Even though they were on sale. Then I went to a bookstore where I didn’t buy any books. That’s its own kind of accomplishment, really.
I could probably go on, but I don’t want to brag too much about how awesome I am. Or do I? I mean if you have like an award that you’ve been waiting to give out, I get it. I’m kind of a big deal.
What have you accomplished this week?
Leave a comment and I’ll respond with enthusiastic cheering, okay?